IDRIS ELBA, HOPED TO BE THE NEXT JAMES BOND

Says he wouldn`t like to be called the first black James Bond.
Although Daniel Craig is still our james bond to enjoy, speculations are everywhere as to who will replace him when the time comes, but the one man many believe can do the job is Idris Elba, the English actor best known for his role as the intellectually fierce drug king Stringer Bell in HBO's landmark series, "The Wire."

And if it so happens that he gets the role,that would make him the non-white James Bond -- an idea which Craig himself suggested back in 2008

"Do I think it will happen? No, but I've got what it takes to do it. I can run around, flirt with ladies and drink. Plus I'm English," Elba tells UK Guardian newspaper. in 2009
 
Two years later, he's still keen on the idea, though he has a few reservations.
"It's a very old rumor. My dad and I were talking about this the other day," Elba told CNN in an interview Wednesday. "I would do it, but I don't want to be called the first black James Bond. Do you understand what I 'm saying? Sean Connery wasn't the Scottish James Bond and Daniel Craig wasn't the blue-eyed James Bond. So if I played him, I don't want to be called the black James Bond."

Elba is certainly building up the resume. He nabbed two Emmy nominations this year, for his guest role in "The Big C," and his lead in the BBC mini-series, "Luther," and has starred in films such as 2009's "Obsessed" and this summer's "Thor." He'll next feature in the upcoming Ridley Scott film, "Prometheus."

Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

MARIAH YEATER GETS DEATH THREATS FROM JUSTIN BIEBER FANS